This premium Top 20 UK law firm is seeking an NQ Associate to join its superb Corporate Tax team in the City of London. Ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers, few firms can compete with the quality of work on offer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly-qualified Lawyer looking to begin their career in a tech-forward firm with market-leading training and progression chances.
This global law firm has a clear idea of how they want to work, which is driven by tech innovation and geographical cohesion to deliver client wins.
The firm offers client and office secondment opportunities, taking advantage of its strong presence in places like Asia, the Middle East and mainland Europe.
The unique offerings of this firm are the quality of training, the complexity of work and partner approachability. There's not a stuffy corporate culture and they want to maintain a friendly and down-to-earth working environment for their lawyers.
The business has been swift to adapt to the "new normal" and offers flexible and hybrid working to all of its lawyers.
- global tax practice advises clients on all aspects of tax: corporate tax; tax disputes and investigations; indirect tax, trade and customs; transfer pricing and employee incentives and benefits. The team works in tandem with other experts across the firm and leverages deep sector expertise to offer practical, commercial advice.
- The Corporate Tax team focuses on mid-market corporate/ M&A and venture capital transactions, as well as advisory work across the firm's sectors.
- The team also gets involved in business restructurings, commercial work (often with a VAT focus) with particular focus on high tech industries, e-commerce, IP and renewable energy and some real estate and finance work.
- The work often has an international element so is particularly suited to someone who is keen to get experience of international tax.
- You will be advising on the structure of transactions, negotiating tax covenants and warranties and providing post-transaction tax advice. As well as helping to develop the VAT advisory side of the business, in particular focusing on new requirements for online marketplaces, post-Brexit corporate supply chains and business model restructuring for UK, EU, and global clients, and on and evolving business models in key firm sectors.
- You will be a newly-qualified England & Wales qualified solicitor
- Experience or a deep interest in Corporate Tax matters is essential
- Genuine interest in the sector and keen to develop your skills
- Industry-leading salary
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy more
- Flexible and Hybrid working options
- Excellent support systems and tailored development and progression
- Generous profit share/bonus scheme
- Environmentally conscious employer
This is a superb opportunity for a newly-qualified Corporate Tax Associate looking for excellent training based in the heart of the City of London.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to contact Maxwell Duffen at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.