Jump Start the Job Hunt28 Sep, 20235 minutes
✨📃✨ How do you make your CV stand out in a competitive legal market?
Job hunting can be tough, particularly at the start of your legal career.
Even natural “go-getters” can find it demoralising putting themselves and their CV out there repeatedly.
So, is there anything you can do to your CV to boost your career chances?
Your CV is a marketing tool, so max out its marketing potential:
- Your CV summary is your elevator pitch, so dazzle with your talent, your achievements and why you’re a natural fit for the role.
- Put some oomph in your language. Phrases like “helped with” “worked with” are dull and weak. Use stronger action words like “collaborated”, “fostered”, “inspired”.
- Check it scans. Can someone get a sense of who you are and what you offer in a 20 second glance? Aim for a clear layout and short sentences without jargon.
- Get the facts and figures in there. Lawyers like evidence, so provide plenty of proof for your claims.
- Focus on action, not detail. Keep the attention on what you did, don’t let the surrounding context take up valuable CV space.
If you’re looking for a legal job, get your CV over to us and let’s see what we can do for you.
What would you add to our CV boosting list here?