In-House Data & Privacy Lawyer | Top 20 Law firm | City of London
This Top 20 International law firm is consistently recognised for its tech innovation, family-friendly practice, and focus on diversity, this is a firm that will empower you to become the best version of yourself, develop new skills and importantly, retain a healthy work/life balance.
Progression is actively encouraged, and you won't face a bottleneck or promotion 'quotas'. With the firm's ambition for expansion and the Regulatory team's vital role in this growth, you can expect fast-tracked progression.
Overview of the Role:
As an In-House Privacy and Data Lawyer at this Top 20 law firm in London, you will play a crucial role in the Privacy Team, collaborating with seasoned professionals including the Privacy and Data Counsel.
Your primary responsibilities will include providing legal advice on global privacy and data-related matters, with a focus on the UK.
You will be at the forefront of advising on compliance issues related to confidentiality and non-personal data, researching key requirements of data law, and liaising with external advisors and other offices of the firm.
Your role will involve supporting the business in managing data protection and client confidentiality risks, conducting Privacy Impact Assessments, advising on marketing issues, and overseeing compliance in the UK.
Additionally, you will contribute to security incident assessments, breach notifications, and periodic audits of data protection compliance within the firm and its suppliers.
The role will involve drafting privacy notices and policies, reviewing client terms, and negotiating data-related provisions with clients and suppliers. Your ability to manage periodic audits, handle data subject rights requests, and respond to business queries on data, privacy, and confidentiality will be key to your success in this role.
- As a guide, the team are seeking someone with 3-5 years of PQE in Data Privacy (solid experience in advising on data protection in a commercial environment).
- Previous experience negotiating and drafting data protection notices and clauses with suppliers and advising on marketing issues.
- An awareness and understanding of upcoming regulatory changes in the data sphere.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels.
In return you can expect:
- To be part of a dedicated and specialized internal team focused on data protection.
- Work closely with a knowledgeable Privacy and Data Counsel and other specialists.
- Collaborate with a global team in a challenging and supportive environment.
- Contribute to the firm's success by providing excellent legal support.
This makes for an excellent Data Privacy Lawyer opportunity working In-House for a Top 20 international law firm in London.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.