Opportunity for a versatile Legal Counsel to join a national commercial roofing company that's been in operation since the 1900s, on a remote and part-time basis.
They are looking for someone with a strong commercial and/or construction background to lead and manage their legal interests.
Established in 1865, this company has evolved with the needs of its clients to become one of the country's leading commercial roofing companies.
Today, they are a subsidiary of a global leader in building materials and systems, with manufacturing plants in the USA, Canada and across Europe. In the UK, they manufacture and supply a complete range of Bituminous, Mastic Asphalt, Single Ply, Liquid Roofing and ancillary products to the roofing market.
They undertake over 800 projects every year, from relatively small refurbishments to major multi-million-pound public infrastructure contracts, making for a varied and interesting portfolio of work.
Are you a qualified Solicitor looking for a part-time Legal Counsel role with the chance to work remotely and fully flexible?
The company is looking for someone who can:
- draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts, with many being related to construction
- ad hoc contract management related to client insolvency, payment guarantees etc.
- perform risk management and compliance, including the provision of training
- provide initial advice on potential contentious matters and supervise external solicitors where appropriate
- manage the company's insurance programs and liaise with insurers
- potentially take on company secretarial responsibilities down the line
The ideal candidate:
· Qualified Solicitor with a commercial background or an existing in-house lawyer
· Knowledge and familiarity with the construction sector
· Competitive salary and applicable bonus scheme
· Remote and fully flexible working
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to work in-house for a highly successful construction company as their Legal Counsel, headquartered in Birmingham.