With a City-calibre caseload but a focus on work-life balance, this is an exciting opportunity for a commercial litigation associate 4 PQE with experience and an interest in contentious insolvency work.
Placing great emphasis on excellent technical ability, this forward-thinking, dynamic and exciting Law Firm punch way above its weight in its chosen practice areas. Many of their senior lawyers - who have arisen naturally through the ranks - are considered experts in their fields, providing advice to SMEs, directors/shareholders, private clients, banks, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners.
Due to the relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere, this firm has been able to cultivate, they have attracted many 'ex-city' lawyers looking for better work-life balance, whilst maintaining a very high quality of work.
This specialist boutique Law Firm is looking for a contentious insolvency and commercial litigation solicitor 4 PQE.
The successful candidate must have experience in general commercial litigation and preferably insolvency litigation, including where possible;
- Experience of a client facing role, speaking to clients from initial enquiry through to conclusion and, developing their personal legal and communication skills in a direct-facing client roles.
- Conducting General commercial litigation (fast track and multi-track claims), to include a pood understanding and experience of the CPR and how this can be used for clients strategically.
- Required skills include drafting witness statements, interim applications (security for costs, further information, strike-out), dealing with detailed disclosure exercises (including disclosure under new pilot early and extended disclosure rules), mediation / ADR, and takinp all steps up to and including trial
- Obtaining or defending freezing orders;
- Conducting insolvency litigation claims and defences including applications for preferences, TUVs, under s.423, for misfeasance/breach of fiduciary duties. Any experience defending directors for using EBT schemes would be advantageous.
- Experience of Shareholder and corporate disputes including applications under the Companies Act 2006, rights issues, deadlock matters and generally mediating pre-action and thereafter, experience of s. 122 winding-up petitions, s.994 unfair prejudice petitions and derivative claims.
If you have the pre-requisite experience, please upload your CV for immediate consideration or call me for a confidential chat.