This is an exciting opportunity for a Lawyer, NQ-1 years PQE, looking to specialise in Derivatives, to join this Top 15 law firm in their City of London office and be part of an award-winning Firm.
Join a leading international law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, committed to being a sustainable global law firm, having a positive impact on clients, employees, and the environment.
This progressive Top 15 global firm is unique in its multi-jurisdictional project management approach. This has meant in the last 25 years, this firm has grown organically and become a global elite corporate law firm.
They regularly advise on billion-dollar deals and high profile, complex cases on behalf of the world's most powerful corporations and financial institutions. The firm's global footprint spans across 50 offices, whether operating locally or across borders from Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
The innovative culture and cutting-edge system set the firm apart from their competitors - leading as experts in many sectors covering financial institutions, energy and natural resources, consumer, TMT, real estate, health and life sciences, public sector, and transport. You will have the opportunity to work on high quality cross-border, complex matters with large multi-national corporations.
The firm adopts a contemporary vision, where people, culture and attitude to change are the fundamental business values. Quality is a personal pride across the firm, and staff of the highest calibre are recruited and retained, working together in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- The Global Markets Group's clients are many of the top tier investment banks and due to its quality of work has become Tier 1 ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers. The practice is global, and handles projects and offerings in EMEA, Asia and US.
- The team is part of the broader Global Markets group - which includes Derivatives, Dept Capital Markets, Securitisation, Trustee, Blockchain Capital Markets and Shari'ah products - there are opportunities to work in these areas as well.
- You would typically act on all elements of a derivatives deal from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing. Your specific areas of responsibility will initially be to produce initial drafts of agreements, draft and negotiate derivatives documents and ensuring a smooth process to transaction close.
- You would also be expected to manage projects that have been assigned to you and liaise closely with colleagues, clients, counterparties, and other advisers. You would be working as part of a committed and inspired friendly team that enjoys its work and considers itself a leader in its field of practice. All members of the team have frequent client contact.
- You will be a Financial Transactions lawyer, with 1 years PQE, with expertise in international finance transactions of the types referred to above, preferably structured products (debt capital markets and/or derivatives experience is desirable but not essential)
- Good organisational skills and experience in transaction management.
- Enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience of business development.
What's on offer?
- Market-leading salary and excellent benefits with clear and structured progression paths.
- A flexible and friendly working environment and a supportive team culture
- Exposure to large and high-profile local region, UK and international transactions.
- Extensive business development support and training giving you the chance to develop client relationships from early in your career.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Derivatives lawyer with NQ-1 years PQE, to join a Top 15 firm with one of the most prestigious practices in the City.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call for a confidential conversation