Revered for their high quality advice and service, this is a rare opportunity to work for one of the highest-profile law firms in London. The firm is ranked highly in the Top 50 Legal 500 for UK law firms and is known for an exceptional quality of work and rich history.
This firm is pioneering and a leader in their field. They are market-leaders in dealing with a broad range of domestic and international clients handling contentious and non-contentious legal, business and personal matters.
From their offices in London they work with an array of trusted professionals from across the globe, delivering a seamless international service.
Their industry knowledge and expertiseput them ahead of the curve - they stand out in the market to clients and prospective employees.
Specialisms at the firm include Banking, high-value Commercial Property, HNW/UHNW Private Client, Family and Employment.
Their client base includes global organisations, a large number of high net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, charities and UHNW private clients.
The firm is looking for a Corporate Associate with 2-4 years of PQE to join them from their office in central London.
The role will be both varied and interesting, with high quality general advisory work alongside transactional projects. It will include:
- Supporting senior fee earners on all key transaction documents (SPA, investment agreements, JVAs) and taking responsibility/leading on matters such as due diligence, disclosure, research and transaction management.
- You will work closely with the firm's high-profile employment, tax and commercial teams on investments and acquisitions.
- You will be expected to act in a key support role to senior fee earners on transactional matters, operating with a high degree of autonomy and taking responsibility for elements of the transaction, liaising with the lead fee earners and delegating to trainees or support staff where appropriate.
The firm's Corporate team has a market-leading profile in complex, high-value transactional and advisory work.
- The team is recognised as the eminent firm in the private capital sector, and the majority of the work being private company orientated.
- Clients include investors (VC & PE firms and private individuals), established entrepreneurs, international high net worth individuals/businesses, international family offices and trust companies. They also work with professional partnerships, management teams and individual executives.
- The work holds particular focus on the private wealth and financial services sectors as well as property, education and media.
- A large amount of the firm's corporate work has offshore elements and they deal regularly with assets in the Middle East, the US, the BVI, Cayman Islands, and more.
The ideal candidate
The team is looking for a junior Corporate Associate 2-4 PQE who will work with other Associates and Partners.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the continued success of the team, which has achieved significant growth in recent years. You will have the opportunity for direct client contact and transaction experience from an early stage.
- Be expected to assist senior associates and partners on transactions and be responsible for elements of various deals, including investments, M&A and JV work.
- Across the corporate team, you'll work on private company M&A, investments, joint ventures, board advice, partnerships, advisory and restructuring work.
- 2-4 years PQE in Corporate law (England & Wales qualified)
- Ideally, you will have trained and worked post qualification for another leading law firm
- A solid academic record, ideally having achieved at least a 2:1 in your degree (or equivalent).
As a Corporate Associate, securing a role with this leading firm is a career-changing opportunity in the City of London.
Apply now for immediate confidential consideration. Alternatively, please call Charlie at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential discussion to find out more.