This Internationally recognised Construction group is seeking a 3-5 PQE Construction Lawyer to join their in-house team.
The company's legal team provides support for the business worldwide.
The role makes for an excellent opportunity for someone with a breadth of construction expertise, experience in either private practice or in-house environments, and the ability to demonstrate a pragmatic, commercial approach to law.
The ability to deal with a wide range of people across the business and the confidence to operate relatively autonomously in a very commercial environment is essential in this role.
The focus will be predominantly on supporting their consultancy business globally, although there will be the opportunity to support the wider legal team in construction-related matters.
The ideal candidate:
You will be a Construction Lawyer with (ideally) 3-5 years of PQE experience working in-house or in a reputable private practice.
- You will have had experience working in-house or in a reputed private practice construction team.
- You have claims experience or insurance-related experience.
- You have familiarity with JCT and NEC forms as a necessity, plus Construction Act knowledge.
- You have experience carrying out risk reviews of bespoke forms of consultancy appointment and all ancillary documentation such as NDAs, collateral warranties, PCG/performance bonds, sub-contract/sub-consultant contracts.
- You have experience of dealing with joint venture agreements and processes preferably.
- You have a basic understanding of regulatory compliance issues, including anti-bribery, data protection, modern slavery, etc.
- You will have the technically solid legal knowledge and a commercial understanding of the construction industry. You are proficient with Microsoft Office tools, can build lasting internal stakeholder relationships, and support strong, motivated teams.
- You have experience in a similar role in a construction background and are hungry to grow your career and enjoy the group's opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Review appointment contracts received with client tenders to identify risks.
- Negotiating and drafting of appointment contracts and joint venture agreements, drafting supply chain step-down contracts.
- Liaise closely with commercial teams to manage the contract review process through to the signing of contracts and advisory through the life of the project.
- Contribute to legal department training sessions for commercial colleagues.
- Assist with updating precedent documents.
- Manage actions to be taken in a dispute situation.
- Give ad hoc advice on issues that arise.
- Work with external lawyers and the company's insurance brokers.
Apply Now - If you would like to apply for this outstanding opportunity, please get in touch with a CV today or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.