This Top 30 law Firm is looking for a Projects lawyer at a senior level to join within their Top-tier City of London practice in which you will be involved in a variety of energy transactions and energy projects, focused on renewables sector and net zero.
This Top 30 international law firm has a clear idea of how they want to work, which is driven by tech innovation and departmental cohesion in order to deliver more client wins.
They operate at the very forefront of multiple sectors including TMT, Life Sciences and Healthcare delivering IP, data privacy, consumer regulatory, and advertising work.
Approachability and accessibility are fed down from the top, and the outstanding Partner-led culture is what makes this firm so successful and unique. There's not a stuffy corporate hierarchical atmosphere and they want to maintain a friendly and down-to-earth working environment for their lawyers.
Further, for the days you are in the office, you'll enjoy a modern eco-designed office space with unique sustainability features which will provide a really enjoyable experience.
Associate Director (Senior Lawyer) - Energy Projects - City of London:
The firm will be interested in you if you come with a broad range of experience across energy M&A and/or energy projects work.
The ideal candidate would have experience of transactional energy matters and/or complex projects, passionate about playing a role in energy transition.
Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team they are ideally looking to appoint an Associate Director, although the team will consider candidates with more or less experience.
- The energy team offers clients expertise in energy M&A, commercial energy contracts, project development, project finance, restructurings and exits. In particular, we have been at the forefront of the move to a decentralised and decarbonised energy and energy innovation more broadly. We support clients across a wide-range of low carbon technologies including solar, wind, storage, biomass, green hydrogen, small modular nuclear reactors and electric vehicle charging.
- Clients include some of the leading developers, sponsors and lenders in the energy sector on a UK-wide level and internationally. The practice has recently been boosted further by three new high-profile Partner hires into the team.
- You will work directly with a number of Partners within the team. There are over 10 Partners in the team with a further 26 team members (including 8 trainees and 1 paralegal).
- You will be a Projects / Energy lawyer at the senior level (7+ PQE)
- Enthusiasm for intellectually challenging work.
- Excellent client relationship skills and experience in business development.
What's on offer?
- You will be given early responsibility for building client relationships and business development whilst working in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- The team has been growing rapidly and is ambitious to build further to develop opportunities to support on energy transition.
- This is a busy and successful team, and there will be excellent opportunities for career progression for a highly-motivated, energy enthusiast.
- You'll receive above market rate salary and the firm offers a lucrative bonus scheme.
- Multi-award winning career development programme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Projects Lawyer at Associate Director level to join this Top 30 firm with one of the most prestigious practices in the City.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to call Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.