Senior Associate l Non-Contentious Construction l 5-8 years PQE l Top 100 Firm l City of London
This Top 100 firm is looking to recruit into the London office, but are headquartered in the South West of England with a very strong presence, where they are ranked Tier 1 for multiple commercial services and operate one of the largest and most technically advanced private capital practices in the region. A substantial cohort of their lawyers is recognised in the legal directories which speak to the strength and depth across this firm.
Notable sector expertise spans across Energy & Resource Management; Charities; Tech; Digital Health & Lifesciences; Sport; Homes, Communities & Regeneration; Ports, Harbours and Coastal Development; Public Sector; Retail; Rural.
This firm has a distinctly modern, sophisticated style which is straightforward yet down to earth. Their lawyers enjoy more of a relaxed atmosphere with lots of social events in the calendar, flexibility to work in a way that suits and a proper balance between work and home life.
Opportunity for a Non-Contentious Construction Associate 5-8 years PQE to join their highly ranked practice in the City of London.
In this role you will work closely with and report directly to the Partner who heads up the London Construction Team, undertaking wholly non-contentious construction work for major UK projects, both nationally and internationally.
Clients include property investors, institutional clients, banks, contractors and consultants as well as housing providers, local authorities and other public sector bodies. You will be involved in a wide range of projects across a number of sectors including residential, commercial, hotels and leisure, and healthcare sectors.
You will be involved in the drafting and negotiation of major strategic and operational construction contracts, including:
- standard JCT, NEC, partnering and alliancing contracts
- international forms of contract including FIDIC and bespoke construction contracts
- professional team appointments
- collateral warranties, agreements for lease, development agreements
- construction related elements of funding agreements and joint ventures
- drafting and reviewing parent company guarantees
- advance payment and performance bonds
- framework agreements, consortium agreements, extensive and short form letters of intent
- specialist sub-contracts
As such, you will need to work collaboratively with colleagues from other disciplines including Real Estate, Banking and Company Commercial, in order to ensure that each client receives an exemplary service.
The ideal candidate:
- Non-Contentious Construction Senior Associate 5-8 years PQE
- Desire and ability to contribute to business development projects and be hands-on with clients
- Team player who enjoys being in a collegiate atmosphere
- Highly competitive salary package and excellent benefits
- Excellent flexibility on offer, hybrid working to preference
- Outstanding training, development and knowledge programs
This makes for an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Non-Contentious Construction Senior Associate 5-8 years PQE looking to join a high-quality team, to be based in their City of London office.
Apply now for immediate consideration or give Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment a call for a confidential conversation!