Are you a Corporate Solicitor with the ambition and drive to build your own practice area?
This unique opportunity is suitable for experienced Corporate lawyers who are confident they can independently establish, and build a high-performing Corporate team in the vibrant city of Edinburgh.
Step into a Partnership position with this rapidly growing Legal 500 firm and advance on the short pathway towards Equity Partner.
This ambitious firm has a well-founded reputation as a market-leading provider of legal services nationwide.
Numerous Legal 500 practice area rankings clearly demonstrate the expertise this business has cultivated, and it has become a notable source of some of the highest calibre legal talent in the UK. Many of the lawyers at the firm have gained individual recognition, including many Legal 500 rankings and Chambers & Partners accolades.
Clients range anywhere from families and individuals all the way to FTSE100 goliaths, and exposure to this variety means that solicitors gain unrivalled experience, and are able to become true experts in their chosen field.
Working with the support of existing Corporate colleagues across the country, you will be responsible for establishing and building the firm's Corporate practice area in Edinburgh. Based in central Edinburgh, you will be working side-by-side with many recognised experts from adjacent practice areas but will lead the way in-regard to the Corporate team.
There is work which can be immediately picked up, including M&A, scale-ups, funding, commercial contracts and equity investments, however, you will also be empowered to develop your client base. As such, you should be confident in undertaking business development with SMEs, FTSE100 companies and entrepreneurs alike.
You will be able to hire junior team members around you to support the formation of the practice, harnessing your experience to aid in their professional development.
The role comes with immense creative license and you will be in a strong position to develop a market-leading practice and make your mark on the Corporate scene in one of the major markets in Europe.
Equity Partner is a near-term step in the planned progression pathway for this position.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is an ambitious individual with a strong Corporate background and confidence in their ability to build, lead and maintain a practice area with support
- First-rate commercial awareness and extensive corporate knowledge
- Excellent verbal/written communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly capable business developer
- Has a proactive, innovative and value-adding mindset
- Is able to manage junior team members
What's on offer
- An opportunity to become a leader at a prestigious firm, enhance your client base and hone a revered reputation in Corporate practice
- Exposure to top-tier clients and high-quality/high-value work
- Short pathway to Equity Partner
- Excellent salary as determined by experience
- Excellent benefits package