This premium Top 20 UK law firm is seeking a Commercial Tech Associate, 2-5 years PQE, to join its specialist Fintech team in the City of London. Ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers, few firms can compete with the quality of specialist work on offer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a commercial or tech-focussed Lawyer looking to continue their career in a tech-forward firm with market-leading clients and progression chances.
This global law firm has a clear idea of how they want to work, which is driven by tech innovation and geographical cohesion to deliver client wins. They are currently working with 50 of the Fortune Top 100 companies, with 75% of clients having a long-standing relationship of over 5 years with the firm.
The firm offers client and office secondment opportunities, taking advantage of its strong presence in places like Asia, the Middle East and mainland Europe.
The unique offerings of this firm are the quality of training, the complexity of work and partner approachability. There's not a stuffy corporate culture and they want to maintain a friendly and down-to-earth working environment for their lawyers. The firm organises itself around its clients, with its lawyers typically arranged in groups which focus on key industries and sectors
The business has been swift to adapt to the "new normal" and offers flexible and hybrid working to all of its lawyers.
- You will be working with an exciting list of internationally recognized financial services companies and technology companies operating in the financial services sector and "FinTechs" (high growth start-up or scale-up companies providing a range of services disrupting financial services) such as: account information service providers, payment initiation service providers, payment service providers, market data/alternative data providers, blockchain companies and SaaS providers.
- You will be expected to demonstrate and continually develop top-tier legal expertise and outstanding industry knowledge. You will have a natural interest in your clients' businesses, strategies, challenges and opportunities and will partner closely with them by providing excellent, efficient service and valuable, independently minded insight.
- You will need to have expertise advising on a range of technology specific agreements from licensing, cloud/SaaS and outsourcing and technology implementation projects, in the financial services sector. Day-to-day focus will be on commercial FinTech work, which will sometimes have a financial services regulatory aspect.
- You will be a 2-5 years qualified England & Wales solicitor
- Experience in commercial work and the tech sector and contracts is essential
- Genuine interest in the sector and keen to develop your skills
- Industry-leading salary
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy more
- Flexible and Hybrid working options
- Excellent support systems and tailored development and progression
- Generous profit share/bonus scheme
- Environmentally conscious employer
This is a superb opportunity for a Commercial Tech Associate, 2-5 years PQE, looking to specialise in Fintech within a leading team in the heart of the City of London.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or feel free to contact Maxwell Duffen at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.