An opportunity has arisen for a 2-4 PQE Assets & Structured Finance Associate with this Top 40 International law firm.
The firm has achieved rapid expansion/ year-on-year growth owed almost entirely to a focused strategy, strong leadership and the quality of its people.
Their global practice spans their offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and North America and delivers consistently high levels of service across borders and locally through a deep understanding of their markets and the sector.
Although this firm is one of the leading International and UK firms, they have never lost their culture and have received many Employer, Development and Investor accolades, notably being named in Top Employer for Women awards a record-breaking number of times.
Recognised as a Top 40 law firm in the UK some clients have been with the practice for over 150 years. They range from Start-Ups to the top global organisations, with more than 40% of the FTSE 100 companies counted on their client roster.
With many offices around the world, the firm has seen rapid expansion over the years in terms of the size and geography and is noted as one of the most adept and key powerhouses in the sectors they operate.
This firm attracts key individuals from the top City and International firms, which could be attributed to so many factors. Often, it is the genuine opportunity to progress that attracts such key figures in the industry. Combining this with the firm's notoriety in both Chambers and Legal 500 (and their international reputation) makes them a unique proposition.
Furthermore, unlike most large international law firms, they have comparatively smaller targets resulting in a firm with a high retention rate.
This is one of the leading practices in the international legal market with a presence in all the major asset finance centres. Globally, they house over 100 specialist lawyers in this area across all of their offices.
Cross border financing is strengthened by their presence in major jurisdictions such as New York, Paris and Greece - Chambers rate them as a first class player in asset finance.
Assets & Structured Finance Associate 2-4 PQE in the City of London.
To be successful in this role you will have gained experienced within an Assets and Structured Finance department with experience and in aviation specific work.
So you will need to have gained technical skills in non-contentious aviation finance and leasing and related transaction and have a good understanding of the aviation sector.
The team requires the new recruit to have relevant and significant experience of acting on major, multi-party transactions, domestically or internationally or both.
The team advise on all aspects of domestic and cross-border asset financing including:
- export credit backed financing;
- syndicated and bilateral debt;
- project and asset financing;
- capital markets products;
- advising on distressed asset finance transactions;
- tax planning and structuring;
- reducing credit and structure risk for lessors;
- cross border leasing;
- off-balance sheet structures;
- Islamic financing;
- operating and finance leases (both tax and non-tax based);
- sale and purchase of leasing companies;
- sale and purchase of aircraft portfolios and lease transfers;
- procurement contracts with airframe and engine manufacturers, and maintenance support arrangements;
- pre-delivery payment financing;
- vendor leasing documentation including lease/rental agreements and programme agreements receivables financing;
- currency swaps and other hedging arrangements;
- asset sale and purchase (including sale and leaseback);
- aircraft repossessions;
- airline restructurings and insolvencies; and
- insurance issues.
If you're looking for an award-winning law firm seeking an Assets & Structured Finance Associate in the City of London, look no further.
Apply now for immediate consideration, or please contact Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.